Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The First Victim of the Season

Monday night right before bed Arjan made his first killing of the year. The victim was a mosquito, mug, yes, that's one of the funnier words for something here. I saw him as Pim spotted him in my little room. I tried to close the door to contain him and be the killer but he flew out the door before I could get it closed.

So, before going to bed I decided I should do the, typically summer, before bed ritual of turning on lights in all areas of the house to look for mosquitoes and get them killed before we go to bed and they buzz in our ears and bite us during the night, that's what the mosquitoes do here. This mosquito had not gone far, was on the hall wall right outside my room. I grabbed a hand towel and summoned Arjan to do the deadly deed he excels in and, voila, the mission was accomplished.

But, people, it was only April 6! All I thought was it's going to be a long summer. Fortunately it cooled off yesterday and today I'm having to wear a winter jacket again, but it has rained most of the day so far. The wet conditions and a bit of warmth are all these suckers need to appear so it can remain on the cold side for a while as far as I'm concerned, and it doesn't bother me one bit when the weather people talk about the summers getting colder, while all the other seasons get warmer. (I tell ya, this place is the next San Diego with more rain.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers