Sunday, March 29, 2009

I've been hacked

Yesterday while e-mailing a friend, my e-mail was hacked and a message went out to what I believe is my entire mailing list. I immediately tried to e-mail my list telling everyone it was not from me and not to open the website but Yahoo says my mail sent is over the limit for the hour and won't send it. (I wasn't even aware there was a limit and don't too terribly many people in the address book.)

I contacted Yahoo and, of course, got the auto response that they will respond within 48 hours. I am still having trouble sending too many e-mails at once, besides being afraid to be on my mail too much till I know it's safe and not going to happen again.

I am grateful for the addresses that rejected the mail--hoping others got put in Spam folders.

I'm confused at some people in my address book who responded to alert me of this who were put in my Spam folder--you sit in my address book and can't get through but some how this other person who I have no connection with was able to get in to my address book?

I am so very thankful for my bestest friend I had e-mailed who first alerted me to this and all the others who have.

I'm bewildered as to how to stop such an occurence and notify everyone.

I'm frustrated with the amount of time it has taken to try to figure it all out. I did learn how "easy" it is to find out the path the mail took and at the bottom you can see where it really came from, by clicking "Full headers".

This is one way to let people know--IT'S NOT FROM ME--by spreading the word on my blog and Facebook. When I first went to log into my blog I wasn't allowed to because it said I had disabled the cookies. I followed their instructions but, helaas--a Dutch word, it wasn't till I resorted to restarting my computer that I was able to log on.

Technology and computers are certainly a love/hate relationship to me.

More better stuff later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers