Wednesday, March 4, 2009

One of the Reasons I Love Living Here

All these flowers were only 2.50 Euro. That's right, every Wednesday at the market by our house in the Afrikaanderplein the flower man sells 5 bos bloemen (bunches of flowers) for 2.50 Euro. With the grayer day today and possibly till Saturday and the tulips and roses along with Fresia, a favorite that is usually one of the bunches, in the bunch, I had to get it. Plus there were actually 6 bunches in it when I opened it at home! Five tulip bunches were going for 5 Euro. Wednesday's and Saturday's he sells a big bunch of flowers for 2.5o a piece or 2 for 4 Euro. Arjan was sure happy when I walked in with these and I was able to use all my pretty vases. He also warned me about how jealous I'm going to make my American friends! And, liefde neef (dear nephew), jouw om (your uncle) wants you to notice that I used the Defltsblauw vase you brought back for me one time when you visited.

Then tonight, like every night, we watch tv and the cats come and lay next to me or on my legs, and sometimes on Arjan. Tonight a bit different and I took pictures. It began with Oscar going to a place he has just started walking across. Yes, it's the television.

What he's walking in front of is an interesting story as well. It's a program called RTL Boulevard that's a bit like Entertainment Tonight. The person on the screen is a Dutch designer of women's underclothing, Daphne somebody, talking about Brittany Spears. If you happen to see Brittany in her new Circus performance, she is attired in a bra and panties from this Dutch designer, that's about the extent of what she's wearing. It's one of Daphne's regular designs with rhine stones added.

Next is the wacky ways Oscar slept on my legs.


And this is the way Columbo was sleeping when I left Arjan watching a soccer game to write the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers