Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Return of Beautiful Weather

It didn't take long for the perfect San Diego weather to return. It has been so nice, and expected through Tuesday. It has resulted in some long walks and sitting at my favorite place, Eva Cohen Hartogkade, writing or reading...or just watching the boats/ships go by and the bridges going up and down letting them through! Yesterday I walked all the way to the Stadhuis and back. Here are some photos from that trip:


Nederlandse sort of geese with their 8 gooslings
Across from the stadhuis was a campaign to encourage people to throw chewing gum in the trash cans rather than throw it on the sidewalk.


Here's a large trash can with the slogan--Together we make Rotterdam chewing gum free.

Two guys were dressed to look like gum and followed close behind people to tell them how gum sticks to your shoes. Then there were two gals in pink dresses with blazers, which I can't believe I didn't get a picture of, who were giving out packs of gum wrapping papers...pretty neat. She gave me a couple so I'll keep them in my bag as I travel.

This is the guy that followed me...he wanted his picture taken.



These are the artistic flowers in front of the Stadhuis.


The Maastoren from coming back over the Erasmusburg. It reached it's highest point this week making it the highest building in the Netherlands. Construction workers were even working on it yesterday!
And now it's late and I'm falling asleep so more will have to wait for tomorrow and you know why I love walking around this city...you never know what you're going to find or who you're going to run into.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers