Monday, June 1, 2009

Cats

Some of you have known me since way back when I didn't like cats, except the kitten that my roommate snuck in our sophomore year and we hid in the sink room till she found a home for him, used to joke that they should be run over, and then in my early 30's developed such an allergy to them I would be forced to leave the homes of people with cats. That all changed in 2002, and now I feel like the cat woman. On my walk home a couple weeks ago I ran into this cuddly looking black kitty living under a mostly torn down building, that's been that way for three years now.

It's the first seeming unclaimed cat I've seen here, the few others I've run into outside have a collar with a tag. As people would approach and walk by he'd run back in his "house" then come and look out like this:
After the people had walked by, he'd come out and sit on the sidewalk again. I was NOT so tempted to get a bowl of cat food and return to try to get him to come out so I could pick him up and bring him home to join the three here. No, I wouldn't do a thing like that...but I sure thought about it. Good thing I haven't seen him since. I'm hoping someone else is giving him a good home.
Why would I need another cat when I've got these three beauties:
But wouldn't a black cat go well with the color mix?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers