Monday, June 1, 2009

The Bridge to Dublin

Back the first Sunday of May a bridge built in a Rotterdam suburb made it's way to it's home in Dublin where my understanding is it's a foot/bike bridge connecting two places. Many people came out to see this spectacular event.

The Koninginnebrug opens to let it through:




Then it stopped for a long time right in front of where I was standing. They had to bring another barge to help it move forward. And you guessed right, it's called the Harp Bridge and supposed to look like a harp, Ireland's "symbol" according to the news.



The barge has been attached on the side and it began it's move to the Erasmusburg.


The bridge approaches the open Erasmusburg:


And at this point my camera batteries ran out and I forgot to bring extras, something I usually always have with me. Oh well, I saw it and got both bridges together with the open bridge. I do hope to see it in place in Dublin one of these days.

P.S. For any of you computer challenged, such as myself, you can click on pictures and they'll fill your screen so you can see them up close and personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers