Sunday, June 28, 2009

Out With Old, In With the New

The old sofa was in pretty bad shape. It was only 6 years old but not well made and of fake leather. Arjan helped it along once it started ripping. After six months of looking for a new one, we decided on one. It successfully arrived the morning of the 19th.





















Arjan saved a parking place for the lift for over a week. When they finally came there six spaces in a row free in front of our place so Arjan just had to move his auto down.













The lift was put into place while the delivery men from the store had a smoke before beginning the job.














The new sofa (3 zitsbankstel) comes up. Then the old one was taken out followed by the love seats (2 zitsbankstellen).
With the result looking like this:













We like the Dark Chocolate and leather, it's not sticking to us in the heat like the other did. It's higher than the last and the arm rests are lower and this week we should be looking for the some decent pillows for the arms, or just go with the extra American sleeping pillows. Arjan is also working on raising the coffee table, which was his Oma's, because it is now too low or he has said we'll look for something new at Ikea, which really surprised me.
I can't believe I forgot to snap a picture of the old stuff out for pick up before I left that day, especially to see what others had added to it and by time I arrived home they were just arriving in the next block from picking up ours, more than 3 hours earlier than the week before's pick up, which didn't happen till 6 p.m. (Think that's why I didn't take one before I left, I figured it would still be there with more things added by time I came home.)
As you can see, the sofa is a hit.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers