Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentijnsdag in het Nederlands... (No, that's not a spelling error, the Netherlands is a "het" word.)
Every year more and more Valentine's items appear in the store, and earlier each year. To Arjan and other older Netherlanders, this is an Americanized holiday that's crept into life here and we do niks, nothing, for the day...though I did buy the rook kaas, smoked cheese, we both like when I went to the store today as our Valentine's treat.
This year a department store, V&D, had this, what I call Dutch kissing couple gone Valentines, ad campaign this year I wanted to share with you. Just one more of the changes I've witnessed in the 3+ years I've lived here.
To all my friends so far away...have a very happy day and a special Happy Birthday shout out to DB.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers