Saturday, February 7, 2009

Kinderdijk Skaters

One month ago my friend Marjorie was here from San Diego for a few days. As always, Arjan and I had fun showing our guest around and feeding her Dutch foods. She ate so many Dutch foods at our house as well as when we were out and about. She came at a very special time as it was the first time in 12 years that the ice froze enough in many places for people to skate. I was grateful she came when she did because that meant we took a trip to show her all the windmills at Kinderdijk so I got to see the skaters.

Kinderdijk is a special place where you can see the most windmills in one place, 19, where you will be taken when you visit--unless you protest, and where Arjan and I say we truly feel in love. I'm sure you'll see more of Kinderdijk and one day I'll write the story of the place and how it got it's name of "Child's Dike".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers